The Government of Zambia, through Ministry of Community Development and Social Services, in collaboration with the Ministry of Labour and Social Security and the United Nations in Zambia is convening the 2018 Social Protection Week from Monday 18th June to Friday, 22nd June, 2018 under the theme “Decentralisation and Innovation”.
This is an open week for GRZ, Social Partners, Cooperating Partners, UN Agencies, Civil Society Organisations, Social security institutions, Academia, Faith Based Organisations, Parliamentarians, Media and most importantly the general public, as well as those at the frontline of social protection service delivery to be part of a broad and inclusive discussion on opportunities and challenges for an effective and sustainable social protection response to poverty and vulnerability in Zambia.
Specific discussion topics during the Social Protection Week will include, amongst others:
- National and International legal frameworks for Social Protection;
- The role of social protection in nutrition promotion;
- Home-Grown School Meals;
- Extension of coverage to the informal economy;
- Integration/cash-plus in practice;
- Social Protection for the aged;
- The role of National Health Insurance in achieving the Universal Health Coverage;
- Linking social protection and agriculture;
- Towards a Shock-Responsive Social Protection System in Zambia;
- The changing face of Human Trafficking and mixed migration;
- Supporting women livelihoods;
- Social Protection and the disability inclusion agenda;
- Child sensitive social protection.
Sessions will include presentations, debates, and open discussions. Other parallel activities will include exhibition booths, research fairs, photo booths and cultural shows.
Citizens and institutions are invited to contribute to the open debates that will take place at Mulungushi Conference Centre starting from 20th June until 22nd June, 2018.
The social protection week is a public event hence we will be grateful if you could share the information and programme widely among those in your networks you think can have an interest in participating.
Please find the draft program available here for your further dissemination.
For additional information, please do contact Mrs Weka Banda (Ministry of Community Development and Social Services) on +260977802113, or Ms Tafika Nyirenda Haambote (Senior Event Consultant) +260 977 746 953| +260 211 223 344.
We look forward to your active participation during the week and help in spreading the news.